A Baby Safety Class for New and Expectant Parents/Caregivers
Now there is class specifically focused on keeping your baby safe! This four-hour class is offered through approved ThinkFirst chapters: hospitals interested in providing ThinkFirst For Your Baby should:
- Submit a Chapter Application and complete ThinkFirst Chapter Training
- Submit a ThinkFirst For Your Baby (TFFYB) Instructor Application and complete ThinkFirst For Your Baby Training.
- Contact us at email@example.com for Chapter and Instructor training dates.
ThinkFirst For Your Baby is a community education class that includes four modules and related handouts and resources. Whether attendees are new or expectant parents, grandparents or other caregivers, babies will benefit from everyone learning or reviewing information on keeping babies and families safe! To see if this program is offered in your community, contact the chapter nearest you, listed in our ThinkFirst Chapter Directory.
Program content includes:
- Developmental Needs
- Safe Sleep
- Safe Feeding
- Positive Parenting
Car Seat Use
- One-hour Segment by Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician/Instructor
- Shaken Baby
- How to Calm a Crying Infant
- Postpartum Depression
- Family Safe Practices
- Creating a Safe Environment
- Resources for First Aid and CPR classes in your area
Please note: This class does not include basic first aide or CPR, please check local resources to find where these courses are taught.